Welcome to Michael Saves / Save on (Almost) Everything!
I’m Michael and I started this website in January 2014 to share the money-saving tips that enabled me to pay off my $86,000 mortgage in two years.
Here are a few posts to help you get started:
- 6 steps to pay off your mortgage faster
- How I’m using 5 bank accounts to save more money
- 9 ways to lower your bills and save more money every month
- How to get TV, internet and phone service for $100/month
- 5 easy ways to work from home and make extra money online
- How this credit card rewards trick can save you money
In October 2010, I bought my one bedroom condo in a major U.S. city. The payments were low at $625 a month. The interest rate was as well, 3.75%
But I still made a goal to pay off my mortgage by my 30th birthday, March 2015.
I immediately took steps to increase my income and reduce my expenses. Soon, I told my friends. It became a challenge. Would I be able to reach my goal?
In December 2012, two years after buying my condo, I mailed my final payment to Wells Fargo. How did I do it? That’s what this blog is all about, but this post is a good place to start.
People pay off their mortgages early for many reasons. For me, it was about freedom.
In January 2014, I walked away from my full-time job in order to pursue new opportunities, including writing for money expert Clark Howard and launching this website. I joined Team Clark full-time in May 2016.
I love hearing from readers. Contact me at email@example.com.