If you’re paying too much for cable and internet service, you may be putting off a phone call to your service provider to negotiate a lower rate.
But what if you could skip the call and still get the savings? Now you can!
Ask Trim: How to lower your cable and internet bill
I’m writing this post to tell you about a new tool that’s lowered my Xfinity by Comcast bill five times in the last year, for a total of nearly $80 in savings.
The service is called Trim, a chatbot that will negotiate your cable/internet bill for you.
Trim has been around since 2015. The company started by helping people cancel unwanted subscriptions for free, but it has since added the feature that monitors cable/internet outages to get users one-time or monthly bill credits.
In addition to Comcast, Trim says the service now works with major providers like AT&T, Charter, RCN and Verizon.
I signed up for Trim in August 2017. Since then, several family members and friends have also had success. My mom saved $174.63 on her Comcast bill.
Trim is legit! Here’s why you need to link a credit card
For Trim’s chatbot to do its work, you need to link your cable/internet account and provide a credit card. Read more on Trim’s security page.
Why do you need to give Trim your credit card information? After Trim gets you the bill credit, it will charge 33% of what it saved you to your payment card. For example, if Trim saved you $10/month for 12 months, it takes $40.
When you sign up for Trim, it’s going to give you the option to link your checking/savings account or a credit card. I chose to only link a credit card because it’s low risk.
Trim isn’t a smartphone app. You communicate with it through Facebook Messenger or text messaging. You can learn more at AskTrim.com.
- CIT Bank: This is my new favorite online savings account with one of the top rates in the nation! No fees to open or maintain; $100 minimum deposit (Read more here)
- Sling TV: Live TV streaming for $20/month including ESPN, Disney and CNN! (Free trial offer)
- Personal Capital: Create a budget and track your net worth using this free website and app. Click here for a $20 sign up bonus.
- Trim: Have this digital assistant negotiate a lower cable and internet bill for you!
- Ibotta: The easiest way to get cash back for grocery store purchases! Get a $10 welcome bonus with my referral link.
- TopCashBack: Start your online shopping here to receive discounts at major retailers.
- Raise: Buy discounted gift cards for your favorite stores! Start with this $5 welcome bonus.