OCTOBER 2018: Prime Day is over, but I just checked and the Ibotta offer is still available!
Prime Day 2018 is right around the corner and a lot of people who don’t already have an Amazon Prime membership are probably thinking about signing up to get some shopping done!
For 2018, Prime Day deals start July 16 and will run for 36 hours through the 17th.
Amazon Prime Day 2018: Sign up for a membership through Ibotta and get a $20 gift card
If you’ve been following my blog, you know that I had Amazon Prime last year and gave it up at the beginning of this year. I still shop on Amazon regularly, but I just have to wait a few more days for my deliveries.
However, the thing about Prime Day is that you must be a member (or use someone’s login) to participate.
Amazon recently increased the annual cost of Prime from $99 to $119, but I’ve discovered a way for you to save some money on a membership if you’re trying to sign up before Prime Day.
In order to get that $20 gift card, you must purchase your Amazon Prime subscription through the Ibotta app. You’ll still pay $119 for a year of Prime, but you’ll receive the gift card from Ibotta.
On top of that, new Ibotta users can earn a $10 welcome bonus by using my referral link. Click here to sign up.
Other Ibotta cash back offers are available to everyone…
Even if you’re a current Prime member who can’t take advantage of this $20 gift card offer, you may be able to save money by starting your Amazon shopping through Ibotta.
For example, there are promotions for 3% cash back on furniture, 2.5% cash back on health/personal care and a lot more.
Other Amazon offers you need to know about!
Don’t want to commit to a full year of Prime? I’m with you. I recently signed up for the $12.99 monthly option to get me through Prime Day.
Immediately after I joined, Amazon sent me an email with this offer: Get a $10 reward if you buy something before Prime Day and then buy something else on Prime Day.
I’m not sure if this deal is available to everyone, but it’s worth taking advantage of if you happen to sign up for Prime in the coming days.
Meanwhile, Slickdeals has a post about how select American Express Membership Rewards cardholders can get 20% off Amazon purchases. I don’t have an eligible card to test this out, but here are the details.
If you found this post helpful, please share these Amazon deals to spread the word!
Michael Saves recommends:
- CIT Bank: This is my new favorite online savings account with one of the top rates in the nation! No fees to open or maintain; $100 minimum deposit (Read more here)
- Sling TV: Live TV streaming for $20/month including ESPN, Disney and CNN! (Free trial offer)
- Personal Capital: Create a budget and track your net worth using this free website and app. Click here for a $20 sign up bonus.
- Trim: Have this digital assistant negotiate a lower cable and internet bill for you!
- Ibotta: The easiest way to get cash back for grocery store purchases! Get a $10 welcome bonus with my referral link.
- TopCashBack: Start your online shopping here to receive discounts at major retailers.
- Raise: Buy discounted gift cards for your favorite stores! Start with this $5 welcome bonus