Ibotta is considered by many to be the best grocery rebate app, but you’re missing out if you haven’t tried Fetch Rewards.
Since I first downloaded Fetch Rewards in January 2018 and started uploading my grocery receipts every week, I’ve redeemed my points for more than $500 in Amazon gift cards.
Even better, sometimes I’m able to earn double the cash back by using Ibotta and Fetch Rewards for the same purchase.
What is Fetch Rewards and how does the grocery rebate app work?
I know that you may be thinking you really don’t need ANOTHER cash back app on your phone, but I’m going to explain why you do.
If you’re just here for referral codes, they’re listed below the table of contents…
Fetch Rewards review: Table of contents
- What is the Fetch Rewards app?
- Ways to earn points with Fetch Rewards
- Gift card redemption options
- Frequently asked questions
- Ibotta vs. Fetch Rewards
Fetch Rewards and Ibotta referral codes
- Use my referral link to sign up
- Download the Ibotta app and redeem an offer
- Collect your $10 welcome bonus
- Download the app: App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android)
- Enter referral code Y2WFW
- Collect your bonus points (Usually 2,000-4,000 points for new members)
Fetch Rewards is legit! An overview of the grocery rebate app
There are a few differences between Ibotta and Fetch Rewards, but the reason why I think everyone should download Fetch Rewards is that it’s SO MUCH EASIER to use.
There are no offers to unlock or barcodes to scan — you just need to upload your receipts!
Perhaps the biggest difference between Fetch Rewards and Ibotta is that Fetch doesn’t care where you shop. You can upload grocery receipts from ANY of these stores:
- Grocery stores
- Warehouse club stores
- Convenience stores
- Liquor stores
Ibotta requires you to unlock an offer, scan the product’s barcode and then upload your receipt. However, Fetch just asks that you scan the receipt.
Fetch Rewards is usually able to read my scanned receipt and add the points to my account within seconds.
4 ways to earn points with Fetch Rewards
Now that I’ve explained what Fetch Rewards is and how it works, here are four ways that I maximize my rewards.
1. To earn the most points with Fetch Rewards, take advantage of “Special Offers.” You’ll find about 12 of these deals when you click on the “Discover” tab within the app.
2. Also under the “Discover” tab is a list of brands. Whenever you upload a receipt with an item from one of the hundreds of participating brands, you’ll earn points.
3. And even if you shop at a store with limited national brands, like Aldi and Trader Joe’s, you’ll typically still get points. Even if I buy just one item, I scan my receipt and get at least 25 points.
To recap, here are the three main ways that you can earn points with Fetch Rewards:
- Take advantage of bonus Special Offers
- Earn Base Points from every participating brand
- Scan any eligible grocery receipt
Pretty easy, right? I like to check the Special Offers and Brands sections before I shop because it helps increase my points balance quickly. Sometimes I’ll find items that are also featured on Ibotta.
The fourth way to earn points with Fetch Rewards is to refer family and friends. Find your code under the “Me” tab.
Gift card redemption options
Now that I’ve explained how you earn points with Fetch Rewards, I’m going to tell you what you can do with them!
When you click on the “Rewards” tab, you’ll see the number of points available to redeem for gift cards. You can get a gift card for as little as 3,000 points, which is equivalent to $3.
Unlike Ibotta, cash back isn’t an option with Fetch. The closest thing is virtual Visa and Mastercard gift cards.
Keep in mind that some retail gift cards can be redeemed in stores and online, while others are in-store or online only. They are delivered immediately via email.
Amazon.com, Walmart and Target are just a few of the many gift card options. Southwest Airlines, Hulu and more were added in early 2019.
If you want to redeem multiple gift cards at the same time, that’s a problem. Due to security measures, Fetch Rewards will require you to wait six hours after redeeming your first gift card to get the second one.
Frequently asked questions
After getting started with Fetch Rewards, you may still have some questions along the way. There are help documents under the “Me” tab with video tutorials and answers to common questions.
Here are some of the questions I had while using Fetch Rewards and the answers I found:
- What do I do if I didn’t get my points?: Find the submitted receipt, tap “Correct my Receipt” and follow the prompts.
- Do my points expire?: If your account is inactive for 90 days, your points will expire.
- Is there a time limit for submitting receipts?: Receipts must be scanned within 14 days of the checkout date.
- Can long receipts be processed?: Yes, you can submit more than four images for a single receipt.
- Can I submit electronic receipts?: To get credit for digital receipts, you must use the e-Receipts feature, which allows you to connect your Fetch account to an email inbox containing digital receipts and pull them into the app to get points. As of September 2019, this is only available for iOS devices. Learn more here.
Fetch Rewards vs. Ibotta: Which is better?
I’ve tried to lay out the differences between Ibotta and Fetch Rewards throughout this post, but let’s do a quick review…
First of all, Ibotta is still the app that I use to earn the most cash back. I’ve made more than $3,000 since I first joined Ibotta in May 2014. Join here for a welcome bonus.
However, Fetch is worth it because it requires much less work and I get points for every grocery trip.
With Ibotta, I redeem my earnings for cash back to a PayPal account. That’s not an option with Fetch Rewards. You have to be okay with only getting a gift card, not real money.
Overall, I think both apps are great and they’re even better used together! You may also want to try Checkout 51 if you can handle a third cash back app!
Fetch Rewards vs. Ibotta comparison
|Upload receipts from any grocery store||Most grocery stores participate; Trader Joe's and Aldi have been added|
|Easy to use! Just scan your receipt||Must unlock offers, check barcodes and scan your receipt|
|About 10 special offers to earn points faster||Dozens of special offers and teamwork bonus opportunities|
|Redeem for gift cards with as few as 3,000 points ($3 value)||Redeem for cash back or gift cards when your balance hits $20|
|Sign-up bonus equal to $2 with referral code Y2WFW||$10 welcome bonus|
To make sure that I don’t miss out on earnings, I always scan my receipts right away. I unpack my groceries, upload my receipts and then go on with my day. Don’t procrastinate!
To collect your Fetch Rewards bonus, download the app and use my referral code Y2WFW. Thanks for reading!